Jesus and Absolute Truth
The concept of Jesus and absolute truth are important. Truths given to us by Jesus are absolute and eternal. Truth is absolute, not relative—it applies to everyone; there are not truths that apply to some people but don't apply to others. As Paul explained in the Bible, there is "one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5), not many different teachings that are true for different people. Unlike many ideas of man and science, truth from God doesn't change.
Over the centuries, many scientific theories have been later proven wrong. For example, Einstein disproved Newton's theory of absolute time and space.
What Are Some of the Absolute Truths that Come from God and Jesus?
- There is a God who is our father and loves us.
- The family is an eternal unit.
- If we live a good life, through the mercy and grace of Jesus Christ, we can return to heaven to live with God again after this life.
- God gives every human being the chance to return to him, whether they have heard about His gospel during this life or not. This is possible through work done in temples.
- God and Jesus have glorified bodies of flesh and bones and are distinct persons, but the Holy Ghost has a spirit body.
God's Truth has Been Restored to the Earth Again
After centuries without God's absolute truths on earth (including some of those above), He again brought His truths, or restored them, to the earth through prophets. Read more about the restoration church.
Many of these truths were also taught in the Book of Mormon—Another Testament of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is an ancient record of God's dealings in the Americas—including a visit by Jesus Christ after his crucifixion in Jerusalem.
Order the Book of Mormon
Get a free copy of the Book of Mormon hand-delivered to your home.
Talk to representatives about the absolute truths from Jesus that were again restored to the earth.
Chat Online with Representatives from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.