Learn about the 7 days of the creation here and what was created each day. During the first 6 days of the creation, God, through Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3, Hebrews 1:2), created the earth and everything on it. Then, on the seventh day, he rested.
Learn More about the Creation in the Bible
Order a Free Copy of the Bible
Order a free copy of the Bible and have in hand-delivered to your home:
Ask questions online about the creation through a live chat.
Details of the creation are found in Genesis Chapter 1
Creation: Day 1–The earth was formed as well as day and night (Genesis 1:1-5).
Creation: Day 2–The land was divided from the waters. (Genesis 1:6-8)
Creation: Day 3–Plants were created. (Genesis 1:11-13)
Creation: Day 4–The sun, moon and stars were created. (Genesis 1:14-19)
Creation: Day 5–Animals were created. (Genesis 1:20-25)
Creation: Day 6–Man was created. (Genesis 1:20-25)
Creation: Day 7–God rested from His labors. (Genesis 2:2-3)
Key points of the Creation:
- Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27)
- Jesus created all things that are in heaven and on the earth (Colossians 1:16:17)
- Adam and Eve were the first man and woman on the earth. They lived in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 2)
- What many call "original sin" was simply disobedience to the commandment God gave them not to partake of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 3:6 states, "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."
- Many religions try to say that partaking of the apple has something to do with sexual sin. The Bible does not say anything about that. As the scripture states, Adam and Eve simply disobeyed and partook of the fruit.
The creation is important in our lives. It helps us understand who we are and why we are here. The creation also helps us understand more about the purpose of life.