What is God Like?—Answers from the Scriptures
You can learn a lot about being God like in the Bible, see more about the Bible by going to our Bible quiz page.
- What is God like? God is compassionate and merciful. "The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works" (Psalms 145:8-9).
- What is God like? God is unchanging: Malachi 3:6 states, "For I am the LORD, I change not."
- What is God like? God is the beginning and the end: Revelation 22:13 says, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."
- What is God like? God is eternal. Psalms 90:2 declares, "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."
- God is also omnipotent, which means all-powerful (see Doctrine and Covenants 19:1-3), and omniscient, which means all-knowing (see Matthew 6:8)).
God loves us, knows us each individually and wants us to return to Him. We can communicate with God through prayer.
To learn more about what God is like and why He matters, try reading the article "Is there Really a God?."