Where did Adam and Eve live?
Which two trees grew in the midst of the garden?
- The tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil
- The tree of death and the tree of joy and despair
- The tree of knowledge of good and evil and the tree of joy and despair
- The tree of life and the tree of death
Which tree bore fruit that God forbade Adam and Eve to partake of?
- The tree of knowledge of good and evil
- The tree of life
- The tree of death
- The tree of joy and despair
What would NOT happen to anyone who would partake of such fruit?
- They would die
- They would be able to bear children
- They would become all-knowing
- They would know for themselves the difference between right and wrong
What animal deceived Eve?
- A crow
- A serpent
- A wolf
- A fox
The animal who deceived Eve represents:
- The spirits of Eve's unborn children
What did the deceptive animal convince Eve to do?
- Leave Adam
- Kill an animal
- Partake of the forbidden fruit
- Blaspheme against the Lord
What did Adam do after Eve obeyed the animal and transgressed against the Lord's commandment?
- He exiled her
- He forgave her
- He also transgressed against the Lord's commandment
- He condemned her
Why did Adam hide himself from the Lord?
- He wanted to see if he could outwit the Lord
- He was embarrassed because he realized he was naked
- He was ashamed of his wife's transgression
- He wanted the Lord to prove to him that He can see all
What did the Lord NOT do as a result of the disobedience of Adam and Eve?
- Cast them out of Eden and His presence
- Kill them instantly
- Give them the ability to feel emotion
- Cause them to work the ground for food
How did God curse the animal that deceived Eve?
- He forced it to live on the ground and in the dust
- He sent it to live under the ground and never see light
- He bound it to the skies and forbade it to ever perch and rest
- He caused it to be constantly hunted by all other animals
What does Eve's name mean?
- Blessed mother
- Mother of death
- Mother of all living
- Mother of knowledge
How did God say mankind was similar to Him?
- They could feel joy and sorrow
- They could create life
- They could know good from evil
- They would live forever
Why did God protect the tree of life?
- So that man would live forever
- So that man couldn't obtain a means to live forever
- To ensure that He could never be destroyed
- So that Adam and Eve would not lose the ability to bear children
What did God place at the east of the garden of Eden to guard the tree of life?
- A pit of poisonous serpents
- A seraph with six wings
- Cherubims and a flaming sword
- A dragon with seven heads
What did the Lord do for Adam and Eve before He exiled them?
- He allowed them to rest
- He armed them with weapons
- He clothed them
- He fed them