John would prepare the way of the Lord, according to which prophet?
Where did John preach?
- the wilderness of Bethabara
What was John's main message?
- loving one's neighbor
- the evils of idolatry
- the fruits of the Spirit
- repentance & baptism
What was John's clothing made of?
- camel hair
- eagle feathers
- rabbit skins
What was John's diet?
- dove and barley
- locusts and honey
- leavened bread and lamb
- meal and berries
What did John call the Pharisees and Sadducees who came to watch him baptize people?
- generation of vipers
- procurers of evil
- teachers of holiness
- blessed assembly
What did John say about the man who would come after him?
- the man would replace John
- John would baptize the man
- the man would be an affirmation of John's teachings
- John was unworthy of the man
Who did the people think John was?
- a blasphemer
- the Christ
What is one of the primary purposes of baptism?
- to show our superiority to others
- protection from temptation
- remission of sins
- to gain more faith
John said he baptized with water, and that Jesus Christ would baptize with:
- fire and the Holy Ghost
- His word
- the blessings of the priesthood
Why was John confused when Jesus came to him to be baptized?
- John had not been baptized yet
- John felt unworthy to baptize the Savior
- Jesus had already been baptized
- Jesus was perfect
Why did Jesus need to be baptized?
- He didn't have the priesthood
- He had sinned
- He needed more Godly power
- He needed to fulfill all righteousness
By what method was Jesus baptized?
- sprinkling water on the head
- drinking blessed water
- being covered completely in water
- being washed with a wet cloth
What form did the Spirit momentarily take following Jesus' baptism?
- a dove
- a lion
- a wild ram
- a lamb
Whose voice could be heard from heaven following Jesus' baptism?
- God the Father
What did the voice from heaven say after Jesus was baptized, according to the record of the apostle Matthew?
- "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
- "Follow ye therefore this example, and do thou likewise."
- "This is the Christ."
- "Come forth, and be ye baptized."
How was John related to Jesus?