How did Moses heal the bitter waters of Marah?
- He washed himself in them 7 times
- He touched them with his rod
- He poured olive oil in them
- He cast a tree into them
What did God send to feed the murmuring children of Israel?
- Deer and fish
- Bread and quail
- Corn and barley
- Wheat and seeds
What did the children of Israel call the bread?
What brought forth water when Moses struck it?
- A pot
- A tree
- A rock
- A pit
The army of Joshua (the children of Israel) prevailed against the army of Amalek as long as:
- the Israelite flag was standing.
- the children of Israel had the bread in their pockets.
- Moses' hands were upheld.
- the elders sang hymns.
Whose idea was it that Moses should delegate his responsibilities as leader of Israel?
The Lord covenanted: "If ye will obey my voice indeed and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a __________ __________ unto me above all people;"
- precious nation
- blessed people
- peculiar treasure
- holy race
Where did Moses receive the Ten Commandments?
- Mount Sinai
- Mount Ararat
- The Hill of Olives
What structure did the Lord command the children of Israel to build?
- A fountain
- A tomb
- A tabernacle
- A statue
What special item(s) was/were included in Aaron's breastplate of judgement?
- Urim and Thummim
- A golden caduceus (symbol with wings and snakes on it)
- Vials filled with holy water
- Medicine bag
What did the children of Israel do to repent of their sins?
- Carve idols of the Lord
- Perform a sin offering through animal sacrifice
- Spill small amounts of their own blood on the altar
Why did Moses break the stone tablets that contained the ten commandments?
- Moses was angry because the Israelites were worshipping an idol
- Moses was frustrated at being in the wilderness with little progress
- Moses tripped on his way down the mountain
- Moses was grieving because the Israelites were being destroyed in war
Why were Nadab and Abihu slain by the Lord?
- They defiled the Sabbath
- They plotted against Moses
- They stole from the tabernacle
- They performed unauthorized sacrifices
How many elders did Moses choose to assist him?
When rods were placed in the tabernacle of witness, what grew on Aaron's rod?
What was the "antedote" for the venom of the fiery serpents that bit the children of Israel?
- Bathe in the river 7 times
- Look at a brass serpent
- Receive a blessing from the high priest
- Perform a healing offering
How many people survived from Sinai to the plains of Moab (near Jericho)?
Who replaced Moses in his position as leader of the children of Israel?
Who was the greatest prophet in Israel?