How did Moses heal the bitter waters of Marah?
- He cast a tree into them
- He touched them with his rod
- He poured olive oil in them
- He washed himself in them 7 times
What did God send to feed the murmuring children of Israel?
- Deer and fish
- Corn and barley
- Bread and quail
- Wheat and seeds
What did the children of Israel call the bread?
What brought forth water when Moses struck it?
- A tree
- A rock
- A pit
- A pot
The army of Joshua (the children of Israel) prevailed against the army of Amalek as long as:
- the elders sang hymns.
- the children of Israel had the bread in their pockets.
- the Israelite flag was standing.
- Moses' hands were upheld.
Whose idea was it that Moses should delegate his responsibilities as leader of Israel?
The Lord covenanted: "If ye will obey my voice indeed and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a __________ __________ unto me above all people;"
- blessed people
- precious nation
- peculiar treasure
- holy race
Where did Moses receive the Ten Commandments?
- Mount Ararat
- Mount Sinai
- The Hill of Olives
What structure did the Lord command the children of Israel to build?
- A tabernacle
- A tomb
- A fountain
- A statue
What special item(s) was/were included in Aaron's breastplate of judgement?
- A golden caduceus (symbol with wings and snakes on it)
- Vials filled with holy water
- Urim and Thummim
- Medicine bag
What did the children of Israel do to repent of their sins?
- Perform a sin offering through animal sacrifice
- Spill small amounts of their own blood on the altar
- Carve idols of the Lord
Why did Moses break the stone tablets that contained the ten commandments?
- Moses was angry because the Israelites were worshipping an idol
- Moses tripped on his way down the mountain
- Moses was grieving because the Israelites were being destroyed in war
- Moses was frustrated at being in the wilderness with little progress
Why were Nadab and Abihu slain by the Lord?
- They plotted against Moses
- They performed unauthorized sacrifices
- They defiled the Sabbath
- They stole from the tabernacle
How many elders did Moses choose to assist him?
When rods were placed in the tabernacle of witness, what grew on Aaron's rod?
What was the "antedote" for the venom of the fiery serpents that bit the children of Israel?
- Bathe in the river 7 times
- Look at a brass serpent
- Perform a healing offering
- Receive a blessing from the high priest
How many people survived from Sinai to the plains of Moab (near Jericho)?
Who replaced Moses in his position as leader of the children of Israel?
Who was the greatest prophet in Israel?