Why did the king of Egypt put the children of Israel into bondage?
- He was slothful and wanted other people to do his work
- He hated Jacob and all of his family
- He wanted to keep them from multiplying; he feared that they could overtake the Egyptians
- He wanted to show the children of Israel that his gods were more powerful than the God of Israel
Which line of Israel's family bore Moses?
Who adopted Moses?
- The daughter of Pharaoh
- Moses' sister
Why did Moses kill the Egyptian?
- The Egyptian wanted to assassinate Pharaoh
- The Egyptian hated Moses
- The Egyptian was beating a Hebrew
- The Egyptian was escaping Pharaoh's palace with stolen goods
To where did Moses flee from being punished for killing the Egyptian?
- The home of his Hebrew birth mother
- The land of Canaan
- The land of Midian
- The wilderness
Who was Moses' wife?
- Pharaoh's daughter
What did God tell Moses to do before approaching the burning bush?
- Cover the crown of his head
- Set aside his staff
- Take off his shoes
- Wash his hands
What was Moses' concern about his ability to lead the children of Israel?
- He was wicked
- He was slow of speech
- He was too young for such a great task
- He was crippled
Who was to be Moses' spokesperson?
- His Hebrew mother
- His brother, Aaron
What did Aaron turn his rod into?
- A sword
- A hoe
- A whip
- A serpent
Each of these creatures plagued Egypt EXCEPT:
Which of these plagues did the Lord NOT inflict on the Egyptians?
- Three days of darkness
- Food turning into stones
- Raining down of hail and fire
- The transformation of water into blood
- Boils breaking out on the skin of the people
- All cattle die
What did the children of Israel do to protect their firstborn sons from being killed in the Lord's last plague on Egypt?
- Hang a talisman in every window of their homes
- Smear lamb's blood around the door frame
- Keep the fireplace burning all night long
- Carve a cross into the door of their home
Which of these food items was NOT included in the Passover feast?
- Unleavened bread
- Bitter herbs
True or False?: The children of Israel had to suffer from all of the same plagues as the Egyptians did.
- True; the Lord wanted to test the faith and loyalty of the children of Israel
- False; the Lord put a difference between the Egyptians and the children of Israel
The Lord showed the children of Israel which way to travel in the wilderness by using:
- the sun (by day) and the moon and stars (by night)
- a pillar of cloud (by day) and of fire (by night)
- the direction of the wind
- a white ox
Through which body of water did the children of Israel pass safely?
- The Red Sea
- The Sea of Galilee
- The Dead Sea
- The Nile River