Whose name was changed to "Abraham"?
What was the token of the covenant between Abraham and God?
- Burnt sacrifice
What would happen to those in Abraham's family who broke the covenant with the Lord?
- They would be killed
- They would be cut off from the Lord's people
- They would become like Cain's children
- They would be unable to bear children
Whom did the Lord rename "Sarah"?
When the Lord told Abraham that his wife would have a child, what was his reaction?
- He ran to his wife and told her
- He cried
- He fainted
- He laughed
What would be the name of Sarah's son?
Which of Abraham's sons would the Lord establish His covenant with?
How many men came to visit Abraham in the plains of Mamre?
What did Abraham NOT invite the men to do?
- Wash their feet
- Rest under a tree
- Give him a blessing
How did Sarah learn that she would have a child?
- She overheard it
- God told her in a dream
- The men who visited Abraham told her
- Abraham told her
What was Sarah's reaction to the news that she would bear a son?
- She laughed
- She rejoiced
- She cried
- She fainted
Why did Sarah have this reaction?
- She wanted a daughter
- She did not want a child
- She thought she was too old to have children
- She was too excited
What did the Lord say in response to Sarah's reaction?
- "How is it that thou canst believe?"
- "Thou art blessed, daughter."
- "Be of good comfort."
- "Is any thing too hard for the Lord?"
What city did Abraham try to convince the Lord to preserve?
What was the Lord's condition that would keep Him from destroying the city (Question 14)?
- Abraham would have to fast for forty days
- Abraham would need to find ten righteous people living in it
- Abraham would have to preach in the city for forty days
- Abraham would have to organize and army and kill all the wicked people
With what did the Lord destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
- A flood
- An earthquake
- An army of Canaanites
- Fire and brimstone