Whose name was changed to "Abraham"?
What was the token of the covenant between Abraham and God?
- Burnt sacrifice
What would happen to those in Abraham's family who broke the covenant with the Lord?
- They would be unable to bear children
- They would be cut off from the Lord's people
- They would become like Cain's children
- They would be killed
Whom did the Lord rename "Sarah"?
When the Lord told Abraham that his wife would have a child, what was his reaction?
- He fainted
- He cried
- He ran to his wife and told her
- He laughed
What would be the name of Sarah's son?
Which of Abraham's sons would the Lord establish His covenant with?
How many men came to visit Abraham in the plains of Mamre?
What did Abraham NOT invite the men to do?
- Give him a blessing
- Rest under a tree
- Wash their feet
How did Sarah learn that she would have a child?
- The men who visited Abraham told her
- Abraham told her
- God told her in a dream
- She overheard it
What was Sarah's reaction to the news that she would bear a son?
- She cried
- She rejoiced
- She laughed
- She fainted
Why did Sarah have this reaction?
- She thought she was too old to have children
- She was too excited
- She did not want a child
- She wanted a daughter
What did the Lord say in response to Sarah's reaction?
- "Be of good comfort."
- "How is it that thou canst believe?"
- "Is any thing too hard for the Lord?"
- "Thou art blessed, daughter."
What city did Abraham try to convince the Lord to preserve?
What was the Lord's condition that would keep Him from destroying the city (Question 14)?
- Abraham would have to organize and army and kill all the wicked people
- Abraham would have to fast for forty days
- Abraham would need to find ten righteous people living in it
- Abraham would have to preach in the city for forty days
With what did the Lord destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
- Fire and brimstone
- A flood
- An army of Canaanites
- An earthquake