Whose name was changed to "Abraham"?
What was the token of the covenant between Abraham and God?
- Burnt sacrifice
What would happen to those in Abraham's family who broke the covenant with the Lord?
- They would be unable to bear children
- They would be cut off from the Lord's people
- They would be killed
- They would become like Cain's children
Whom did the Lord rename "Sarah"?
When the Lord told Abraham that his wife would have a child, what was his reaction?
- He cried
- He fainted
- He laughed
- He ran to his wife and told her
What would be the name of Sarah's son?
Which of Abraham's sons would the Lord establish His covenant with?
How many men came to visit Abraham in the plains of Mamre?
What did Abraham NOT invite the men to do?
- Give him a blessing
- Wash their feet
- Rest under a tree
How did Sarah learn that she would have a child?
- She overheard it
- The men who visited Abraham told her
- God told her in a dream
- Abraham told her
What was Sarah's reaction to the news that she would bear a son?
- She cried
- She rejoiced
- She laughed
- She fainted
Why did Sarah have this reaction?
- She did not want a child
- She was too excited
- She wanted a daughter
- She thought she was too old to have children
What did the Lord say in response to Sarah's reaction?
- "Thou art blessed, daughter."
- "Be of good comfort."
- "Is any thing too hard for the Lord?"
- "How is it that thou canst believe?"
What city did Abraham try to convince the Lord to preserve?
What was the Lord's condition that would keep Him from destroying the city (Question 14)?
- Abraham would need to find ten righteous people living in it
- Abraham would have to fast for forty days
- Abraham would have to organize and army and kill all the wicked people
- Abraham would have to preach in the city for forty days
With what did the Lord destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?
- An army of Canaanites
- An earthquake
- A flood
- Fire and brimstone