Why did the king of Egypt put the children of Israel into bondage?
- He wanted to keep them from multiplying; he feared that they could overtake the Egyptians
Which line of Israel's family bore Moses?
Who adopted Moses?
- The daughter of Pharaoh
Why did Moses kill the Egyptian?
- The Egyptian was beating a Hebrew
To where did Moses flee from being punished for killing the Egyptian?
- The land of Midian
Who was Moses' wife?
What did God tell Moses to do before approaching the burning bush?
- Take off his shoes
What was Moses' concern about his ability to lead the children of Israel?
- He was slow of speech
Who was to be Moses' spokesperson?
- His brother, Aaron
What did Aaron turn his rod into?
- A serpent
Each of these creatures plagued Egypt EXCEPT:
Which of these plagues did the Lord NOT inflict on the Egyptians?
- Food turning into stones
What did the children of Israel do to protect their firstborn sons from being killed in the Lord's last plague on Egypt?
- Smear lamb's blood around the door frame
Which of these food items was NOT included in the Passover feast?
True or False?: The children of Israel had to suffer from all of the same plagues as the Egyptians did.
- False; the Lord put a difference between the Egyptians and the children of Israel
The Lord showed the children of Israel which way to travel in the wilderness by using:
- a pillar of cloud (by day) and of fire (by night)
Through which body of water did the children of Israel pass safely?
- The Red Sea